Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winterize Da' Garden

I actually did this a few weeks ago, but I've been a bit busy with the holidays. We're snowed in today, so I'm catching up on the blog posts.

This was my first year of growing a garden, and it was pretty interesting. I didn't get the amount of food I though, but I also learned that I HATE weeding. For next year, I'm going to have to figure out a better system on controlling the weeds. I'm also planning on installing a drip watering system after seeing my brothers system.

My gardening book said I needed to winterize the garden.


Winterize The Garden from ron upshaw on Vimeo.


Winterize Part 2 from ron upshaw on Vimeo.


Winterize Garden 3 from ron upshaw on Vimeo.


Winterize Garden 4 from ron upshaw on Vimeo.

Next year I'm going to make the raised garden beds deeper. I think they were too shallow to really grow good veggies.

I also saw a write up on a new garden gadget that should help me figure out what to plant. It's called the EasyBloom. You put it in the area where you want to plant, leave it there for 24 hours, then plug it into your computer and it tells you what you should plant there. They're $60, and I'm putting my request in to Santa.

But for now, the garden is pretty much winterized.

Hopefully I'll have better results next year.






See You Next Time...