Saturday, April 19, 2008

Let It Grow


Starting to see some action out in the garden... Even with all our spring snow this year. We just set a record today for the latest snowfall since they started recording the weather in the Puget Sound area. I blame Global Warming.

The Romaine lettuce is starting to poke through.

The spinach is making a run at it too. I'm especially excited about these two since this is my first year gardening, and I planted them from seeds. It's pretty cool to watch them come up. Can't wait to make my first salad from the garden.

But it's the bathtub onions that are coming in the strongest. These guys are coming in strong right now. I took an old bathtub and filled it up with dirt for this planter. There's a few different kinds of potatoes down in there too. should be nice in a few weeks or so.

My snap peas are starting to come up too. That will look cool when they're wrapped around the fence.

I also took the time to plant some new crops. The weather was nice last week - so I thought I was in the clear.

I planted some parsley, mint, basil, zucchini, rainbow carrots, and giant pumpkins. Me and my brother in New Mexico are planting the same seeds, and we'll see who gets the bigger pumpkin.

I was basically planting all the stuff my gardening book said was good to go early in the spring. We'll see what happens.

The plants definitely seem to like that llama poop from next door. That's some good stuff.

See you next time.

Rancher Ron