Monday, February 18, 2008

From the city to the Country

Hi, and welcome to my new blog.
My name is Ron, and I work in Seattle, WA.

And while I own a condo with a Lake Union view in Seattle,
my fiancee has always wanted to try her hand at having a ranch out in the country.

She has owned horses most of her life,

so about 8 months ago - we took the plunge and bought 9.4 acres of land in Maple Valley, Washington.

My goal for this blog is to give you information on things I wish I had known going into this endeavor.

Let's start things out at the beginning... I have owned a number of houses in my life, so I felt comfortable with the process of buying a piece of real estate. But if I could do it over again, I would definitely educate myself more on the Critical Area Ordinance (CAO) of King County, Washington. Turns out we have one of the strictest land use rules in the country. I don't want to bore you with all the details yet, but let's just say that I should have spent the $350 that went toward a home inspector on a Wetland Engineer.

I don't regret the purchase of our land, but I definitely had no idea what I was getting into from the beginning.

So that's the basic outline for what I hope to accomplish, I'll post again soon.

Happy Farming,

Ron


If you like my blog, please click on an Ad that interests you. Thanks.