Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Day Off To Snowboard!

The weather was nice, and I had been challenged by Lars and Eric (12 & 13 respectively) to a snowboard race. So I put fence building on hold for a day, and hit the slopes.

We decided to meet at the top of Crystal Mountain at high noon for the showdown.
It was also a good chance for me to try out my new gear. Most of my snowboard gear was stolen out of my car a few weeks ago, along with my iPod, so I had managed to cobble together a new rig. Bought some new boots, gloves and goggles on Overstock.com.

Got in some great runs before the race. Then we made the mistake of trying out the Double Diamond lift before we broke for lunch. Bad idea! I was in way over my head. After walking down about half a mile to the nearest ridge I thought I could navigate, I proceeded to slide on my butt most of the way down the hill. That took a lot out of me, and after a quick break for a snack, I was trounced in the race. Oh to be 13 again, and care of nothing but speed.

But you know what they say, a bad day snowboarding is better than a good day fence building!

[more pics to follow as soon as I get them from the winners of the race...]
{I got the new pics - here you go}





































~ron


If you like my blog, please click on an Ad that interests you. Thanks.