Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Springtime for Hedges (The Producers? Anyone?)

Well, as the time has finally sprung forward, there's been a flurry of activity here on the farm. One job that I could not do myself was to trim back our hedge.

I don't think the yard had much attention in years. You can't see it very well, but there's a big hedge behind those bushes that are falling over. It was about 20 feet high.

I knew we needed to do something with them when one of the hedges collapsed under some snow we had this winter.

Since those ones in the front are falling every which way, and are growing into our power line. We decided to take them out too.

Luckily, our neighbor down the street owns a tree care company, so we worked out a deal.
I didn't get any pics of the guys in action. It happened while I was at work, but here are the "after" pics.

I think it looks much better. The hedge turned out great, and I like the look without those other trees in the way.

If you live in the Greater Seattle Area, give Chris and the guys a call at Arbor Preservation, A Tree Care Company, LLC. His wife Adriana does the scheduling - 425-413-0198.

We're planning on having them back out to grind some stumps out next.



Check another job off the list, and that gave me a chance to chill out for 20 minutes in the hammock for the first time this year. Nice!
















See you next time.

~ron